Addresses & Opening Hours & Service Hours
Holzgartenstr. 16, 70174 Stuttgart, +49 711 685-82224 (circulation desk)
Literature on: Architecture, Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics, older literature on the topics of Science and Technology
Pfaffenwaldring 55, 70569 Stuttgart, +49 711 685-64096 (circulation desk)
Literature on: Science, Technology, and Sports
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - midnight
Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. - midnight
The library is closed on holidays and on Holy Saturday, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Registration & Borrowing
is possible for
- students of the University of Stuttgart using their student ID card ECUS
- employees of the University of Stuttgart without an ac-account with the library card: you receive the card at the circulation desks on production of the registration form, a valid German ID card or a passport or an eAT chip card (electronic residence permit card) and the confirmation of the status as employee of the University of Stuttgart
- Private individuals / external users with the library card: you receive the card at the circulation desks on production of the registration form, a valid German ID card or a passport in connection with an official certificate of residence or an eAT chip card (electronic residence permit card)
- Students of the University of Stuttgart: with the student user ID (generally st…)
- Employees of the University of Stuttgart: with the SIAM user ID (ac…)
- Private individuals / external users: with the user code on the library card (ub…)
For private individuals / external users:
The initial password is your date of birth with the prefix ub, ubDD.MM.YYYY (please mind the dots!).
On the first login you activate your library account by setting a new password. After successful activation please shut the browser completely once.
Loan Periods & Renewals & Overdue Notices
Borrowable items from the open shelves, the open or the closed stacks: 1 month
- checkout at the self-service terminals
For a part of the reference collection there is the possibility of a short-term loan.
- checkout directly at the circulation desk during service hours (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- the loan period ends at noon on the third day after the checkout day
- renewal of the loan period or immediate new checkout not possible
- 5 times by 1 month each
- not earlier than 10 days before the loan period has expired
- only if the item is not put on hold by another user
|1st overdue notice||€1.50 per item|
|2nd overdue notice||€5.00 per item, additionally to the 1st notice|
|3rd overdue notice||€10.00 per item, additionally to the 1st and 2nd notice|
|4th overdue notice||€10.00 per item, additionally to the 1st – 3rd notice|