In 1961, with the support of the Max Kade Foundation, the library of the Technical University (University Library since 1967) received its own building, designed and built by the architect Hans Volkart (1895-1965). This building has typical features of the library architecture of the early 1960s, which was influenced by American models, and is considered a typical example of German post-war modernist architecture.
The book, financed by the "Verein zur Förderung der Universitätsbibliothek Stuttgart e.V." (Association for the Promotion of Stuttgart University Library), was published in January 2021 as a bilingual English-German new edition. In it, Dr. Christiane Rambach (text and final editing) and Frank Wiatrowski (photos and layout) present the library building in the Stadtgarten, which was added to the list of cultural monuments of the state of Baden-Württemberg in 2018, 60 years after the foundation stone was laid.